Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vent!

I am really over this whole recruiting thing. Let me tell you I don’t like to bitch and whine but sometimes I just gotta let it all out. My husband had a four day last weekend for Easter. We had a great Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We enjoyed family time and frankly enjoyed spending some time just being together with the kids. Monday the boys and I went back to school and my husband had an appointment so he went in to work to do that and ended up staying the better part of the day. He did this on his own instead of staying at home and piddle paddling like he deserved too. They stress numbers in recruiting…stress them like it’s no tomorrow, like their lives depend on it. My husband has worked every Saturday for over a month not counting last Saturday…never mind that 6 weeks ago we had a company meeting that the new station commander put together and the words that came out of her mouth stated that our husbands would be home on most Saturdays. Now I have been living this recruiting life for two years and there are a few perks(trying to be positive) but the disadvantages are many, the threats from higher ups are ridiculous(haven’t threatened us, but have threatened a few in the unit with inconceivable punishments for nothing. When a wife is calling me crying uncontrollably the chain of command has failed), the long nights, weekends, holidays, and middle of the night phone calls are ridiculous. My husbands’ fire team has won the top achievement the last two years at ATC (annual training conference) so suffice it to say they know what they are doing and are obviously doing a great job at it.

*whew* OK that was the PG version of what I needed to vent about. 12 months and counting until I can get back to the normal Army Wife Life.

To some it may seem strange to say normal Army Wife Life but I miss it. I miss the company functions, the camaraderie, and just the fuzzy feeling that it brings to be apart of it all.

I am grateful for what I have and I was fore warned about recruiting. It has had its highs and lows. I feel like I have dealt with it all in stride as has Donte, but enough is enough. I miss Fort Stewart, Vilseck, and Fort Bragg. If I wear my ruby red shoes and click my heels do you think that the wizard will send me home?


No comments: